Friday, May 2, 2008

9% chance I'll remember all these hand movements!?!?!

Last night we blocked a couple of scenes that I am in, and I have found my spot in the show. I am attached to the couch. I am Klepto-boy after all, I need to have a place where I can conceal all my treasures without anyone seening me take them, this character is so much more fun to create than Man with a Mowhawk.... NOw to figure out how to talk like a rock and roller. Me? a rock and roller. Those of you who know me, that is about as far from me as you can get. I am a theatre geek. I listen to musicals all the time, especially since I am usually working on one all the time, so that CD usually stays in my car for the duration of the rehearsal process, and by the time the show is over, the CD is retired and not lisened to for a long time.
For a bigger guy, i have been known to dance in many shows, after all I was Bobby in Crazy for You, and I had to do some tap dancing, but I have also learned all the dance technique that I have learned through doing shows at Six Flags and the Goldenrod showboat. Last night was the first dance rehearsal, well even though it was Millerography, it is still movement, and I was having trouble with it, something I usually don't have trouble with. I can see what Scott is going for and I love it, but for it to look as great as he wants it, it does have to be clean and precise from all of us guys. By the end I finally got it. Each time we ran through it it got a little easier, trying to remember the words, the harmony, and then the hand movements, and then to "Rock out" (my personal challenge.)
OK so I am feeling a bit old in this show, but it was fun last night workign with Kimi and Rob, not only are they on the older side like me, but we all worked on the Goldenrod Showboat, I actually understudied Rob in the Sound of Music, one of my shows on the Goldenrod, and last night we started Reminiscing a bit.

OK now to stop, I just start babbling, and don't stop. I will write more later.
Beware!
Klepto-boy is here!

2 comments:

Scott Miller said...

Dude -- I remember going to see you as Capt. Von Trapp in "Sound of Music" on the boat -- that was the night we were told the Mystery Food in the buffet was Fish Pudding. I shit you not. Fish Pudding! But you were great! :)

JoelH said...

You saw me playing Capt. VonTrapp, wow I only went on for Robb a couple of times, and yes I do remember that god awful fish pudding. It was disgusting!