Thursday, May 8, 2008

"I slept with someone...." HA! NOT!

I just love the title to that song, and everytime I listen to it it seems to make me laugh, well at least smile a little bit. Well we ran Act 1 the other night, and Scott was a little upset that we were very rusty on some of the numbers, and didn't remember what we were doing. I have everything written down, and I usually remember my blocking and choreography, but for some reason putting it all together the other night, was just impossible. Hell I couldn't even get the words right, and then when I did get the words right, I messed up the harmony, and then when I got both the words and the harmony right I screwed up the choreography. And I was stupid to have my script with me for my whoping 5 lines. Now I know how some of my actors that I direct feel, when they ask me "What's my motivation?" Usually I sort of laugh at them, and sort of blow them off, now here I am in High Fidelity asking "WHat is my character" Am I stealing things throughout the show? Do they notice if I am stealing things? THey must notice because Barry calls me Klepto-boy at the end. And if they did notice why didn't they stop me or report me, or call the cops? Am I stealing small stuff? Am I stealing records? It is a record store after all. See all the crazy things that are going through my head after rehearsal.
So we start working on Act two tonight, and we block the Bitches and Pimps scene. That one should be interesting.
Then there is the pictures that we are supposed to think about for our pictures for the program. I saw the ones of Jeff and Amanda, and they look amazing, well they are good looking people to start out with, so their pics should be great. I am a fat, balding 40 year old, trying to look cool in a pic? THis is so out of my element! I think I should just get my pic taken at at record store to make it LOOK like I am stealing a record, I am Klepto boy after all. Well see........
Well I will write more later.....
Till next time
Klepto-boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, my friend!!

Don't worry--it's all good and we're fine. I felt just like this myself that night...it's so funny, because it appears that we both felt incredibly alone and unique in that feeling--and we were not alone at all!!!

This is going to be a great show.

xoxo,
GoGo