Monday, April 19, 2010

What a party!

OK so tech week is here. This is what us theatre folks call "hell week". We had two rehearsals this weekend, one a cue-to-cue for the lighting designer and one to sing through the show yesterday with the orchestra called a sitzprobe. All in all they went pretty good. Saturday was a long day and tensions got high, which I sort of ignored, I just stayed in my own little world, and just went to the new spot and stood.

Yesterday after the Sitzprobe we were talking and it seems like we have been doing this forever. I think it was because we had auditions SO early, and then in February we started rehearsing. We have been working on it forever, but it is going to be a great show. I can't wait to see how it looks with lights and costumes. Tonight we have the option of wearing our costumes if we feel like we need to practice a costume change, or to see how we do in a costume on certain dances. I don't think I will wear mine. I sweat WAY too much, and this costume is going to be very smelly by Thursday the way it is.

So now we put the finishing touches on this gem. Please come out and support this wonderful show, and join our Wild Party! Trust me it is wild. I keep rethinking who I am inviting. At the beginning I was inviting everyone, but now I know what all is in the show, and I know my parents will definately NOT be coming to this one. THis ain't no Sound of Music. Abusive relationship, simulated sex, simulated orgy, everyone kissing everyone on stage it seems, murder, and all of that put to music. Doesn't it sound fun!

I hope to see you all there.

Joel aka "Phil"

No comments: