Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Left, left, jib, jab, etc....etc.....

OK so we have been in the theatre for more than a week now, and it is still as hot as hades in there, maybe it is just because I am so overweight that all I do is sweat. OK so now all the leads are getting better with their injuries, now Nikki lost her voice and yesterday morning I woke up to the right side of my jaw swollen. Went to the DR. and the nurse practioner told me that I have a gland that is blocked so all day at work it was hard for me to close my mouth all the way and to turn my head to the right. They gave me some antibiotics and referred me to an ENT so I have an appointment with them tomorrow. I feel better today, but it is still swollen a bit. It is just one of those freaky things that happen.

Well I did go to rehearsal, not feeling my best, and Scott started off the evening with some notes from the previous rehearsal, and Trish gave out her famous line notes that I love. I know I paraphrase a lot, and I want to make sure I get everything right. You rock Trish. Well Scott had some suggestions for my character, so I took them in. So of course during the run, I am not thinking of the suggestions until right before I start my lines, well then it is too late. I will try to remember tonight. During intermission Scott did tell me that they (Scott and Alison) loved what I did during my scene, and of course I couldn't remember what I had done. All I know is that I tried to slow things down a bit, and try not to be as frantic with my lines, which is what I think I was doing before....

Well we will see how things go tonight. Hopefully I can get more little nuances (is that spelled right, because it doesn't look right to me) in my character to help make him more interesting in this show.

We'll see!

Phil

No comments: