Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let's Raise the Roof!

OK so last night was our Final Dress rehearsal for Wild Party. If you would have seen this show a week ago, you wouldn't have recognized it last night. There was so much energy all the costumes were there, the set was done, more lights were added, the orchestra is really sounding amazing, and we as the cast are on fire. Sure there were some mess ups ("Eddie..... .....silence.....all I have to say) but that happens, and we made it through. As I have talked about in this blog before, I am not one to really let myself go onstage that much, and I think I am letting go quite a bit in this show. I have to give most of the credit to Mike Dowdy who plays my "brother" in the show Oscar. Playing off of him is so easy, he loves theatre you can tell, and he knows what he is doing. But with age life changes I feel like I let go of my theatre dreams long ago. Sort of reminds me of what I was like at that age, he is 17 years my junior. THis has been a rough week for everyone in the show, late nights, long notes, little nuances, most of us working with full time jobs. We have all put everything into this show so I hope you come to see it.

Joel "Phil"

No comments: