Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HOLY HELL WEEK!!!!!

OK so we had a wonderful weekend getting ready for our show. We had our cue-to-cue for the light designer on Saturday, and that could not have gone smoother. We started at 1:00 and we were out of there by 3:30, so some of us mosied on down to Karen's Pizzeria, a place I had never been and had some great pizza, and wonderful socializing with most of the cast. Then on sunday we had our Sitzprobe, in which the cast sings through the show with the orchestra for the first time. It was wonderful! The orchestra of 5 is amazing. THey came in there and knew there stuff, besides a couple of tempo issues, very few, we breezed right through the score.

Then came last night, our first run through with costumes and lights. Well the lights looked great from what I could see of them. Then we get to the costumes. We really won't get into that, because then I just get tense, and I can't get tense anymore this week. Needless to say most of us didn't have costumes last night. Luckily the only costumes I am in are coveralls and a santa suit. But then we are also to do a very tricky number on roller skates. Guess what no roller skates either. That is what makes me a little nervous, I mean this fat ass hasn't gotten up on roller skates in YEARS! Plus not to have them until tech week? Oh my gosh.

All in all though some wonderful things happened last night. I thought the three guys in the "chorus" we really nailed most of our songs. More lyrics were sung correctly, and we just started having fun onstage. The hard part of the show for me, Troy and Zak, is that originally our characters were the musicians in the band, so they would play the whole show, and sing a little. I don't know how these guys sang these songs, with these lyrics and played instruments at the same time. But there is no time to develop our characters that we have started to create, but I think it is starting to come along. I am just out there having as much fun as I can.....DAMMIT!!!!

So I hope you all come to see our show.

Later

Joel

No comments: