Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Holy Jeez!

I can't believe we go into hell week next week! This weekend is Cue-to-Cue for the lights and then Sunday is our sitzprobe, where we sit down and sing with the pit orch. I can sure tell I am getting older in this show. First of all I am the oldest cast member, so that makes me feel super old, and as I have talked about before I can't remember these freaking lyrics. With this show especially it is driving me crazy, cause since there are only 7 of us in the show, I feel like I am letting everyone down, because I don't know the lyrics.

I just read Scotts blog, and he seems very happy with the show so far, being about 70% there. I don't feel quite that good, but maybe it doesn't show onstage. Monday after rehearsal Scott sent out an e-mail to me, troy and Zak about our three charaters, the three Greek chorus boys. We do have names, but we are really only in the first seen where we get introduced, and then the rest of the show we just "appear", so it is hard to come up with a character with that. Scott gave us some amazing ideas, and last night we sort of played with them. Being the first night we were adding things to our characters it was a little awkward, but I think it will get there, and will be funny.

Now for my last worry, the freaking roller skates. Yes, Roller skates. My fat ass on some skates, at least I'll have some padding if I fall. Tohmmy ordered some skates three months ago and they first came in in children's sizes, and then he just kept getting the run around, so now he is trying to rent some from some local skating rinks.

This show is turning into a truely great show, and I hope all of you come out to see it.

Talk to you soon

Joel

No comments: