Wednesday, March 10, 2010

....Wearing only a fig leaf...



Yes that is one of my favorite lines I get to say in the show. I don't know why, but it is fun. It is in a scene with Mike and I, Mike is playing my "brother" Oscar, and we are the composer duo, and we finish each others sentences which we do constantly in this scene. This scene has the most dialoge we have in the show, well actually there isn't much dialogue at ALL. This is as Scott wrote in his blog a jazz opera.




We had our sing-through, read-thru last night. It was mainly a sing-thru with a couple of lines here and there. This cast was ready for last night. We were all pumped, and some of us anxious to hear what some of this other music sounded like. I kept turning to Troy last night and saying,"Wow that was a cool song." And I know I said it more than once.




Last night was great, not only did we see what the show sounded like, and right now it sounded pretty great, and if it is sounding this good now, wow, what is it going to sound like when we open. Now I am not saying that the rehearsal went off without a hitch. We have a rough spots, and we all heard them last night. We know what we have to work on. So we have some music to clean, some dance to clean (hell, some dances to try to remember), and some dances to learn, and then add on top of that the blocking, and then trying to create a character that is real and not too over the top. That is going to be the hard part not to be over the top with my character, and I am sure I was the one going over the top last night, but fir this character I have to experiment to find him. We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks while we are blocking, and how much I get yelled at for going over the top.




So I just have to say that I am excited. REALLY excited!!!! This show is so great, can't wait to start seeing it get on its feet, can't wait to see the set, and then the costumes, and then add lights to that, and then an audience. WOW!




So we hope that you all come to see the show. I just have to say this isn't The Sound of Music.....




Til later.....




Phil......aka Joel!

No comments: