Monday, March 8, 2010

Ever tango with another guy?

I never thought I would, but I am in Wild Party. I felt so sorry, cause I kept stepping On Mike Dowdy's feet. I don't mind the dancing with another guy part, I just don't think that I was cut out for the tango. I don't think that I am cut out for much dancing anymore.

Yesterday we had our second big choreography rehearsal. It was a lot going on, and even though we had a total of four hours to teach it, it still felt like there was a lot left undone. Robin did a great job choreographing the song "Raise the Roof" and she is doing a lot of adventurous stuff with this cast. A lot more than she has done with a New Line cast in previous years. She had to go fast, but I think we will get it. I think with the lighting and everything else it will add to the number. We are going to be sweating up a storm. I BETTER LOSE WEIGHT IN THIS SHOW WITH ALL THE SWEATING I AM GOING TO BE DOING! I just thought also that we really didn't practice yesterday with dancing and singing while we were dancing.....OH MY GOSH!

I was reading the script, and trying to find out about my character a little bit. I am part of the D'Armono brothers, a composing duo, the Rodgers and Hammerstein of their time. In the script it is mentioned that we are supposed to look similar, I had to laugh at that one. I outweigh Dowdy by A LOT, and I have much more grey hair, and a bald spot. I look more like Oscars "sugar daddy" than his "brother". SO I may have to dye the hair a little, and we will look alike with the costumes and everything. It is that magic of theatre, making ourselves into something that we aren't.

I am sort of ooking foward to tomorrow nights rehearsal we have our first sing thru and read through of the show. EXCITING!

We will see how it all comes together slowly.....

Phil out!

No comments: