Friday, June 13, 2008

OPENING NIGHT!

I can't believe it is finally here. It really seems like this rehearsal process has flown by. It has! I think with such a talented group of people we took Scotts blocking and went with it, and fine tuned the things that he wanted tuned along the way. Last night we had a decent crowd, about 45, not too bad, but it gave us a feel for when the audience might laugh. There were a few chuckles, and a few "Ahhs" but the wierdest thing was standing right in front of people and singing right to their face, when al this time you have gotten used to singing to the empty chairs. I guess the people sort of pumped up the adrenaline, and I felt like I was bouncing all over the place, I may have not been, but hey at least it felt like I was.

After the show last night a majority of the cast went to Joanie's Pizza down in Soulard. DUmb mistake on my part, but I am glad I did it. It was a time to talk to the rerst of the cast, you know something that I haven't really done throughout this whole rehearsal process, because I had to drive to Wentzville every night. Well I did last night too, and it was a long, scary ride that I don't remember parts of, but I am glad I got to know some of the other cast members. Talking to Scott I realized that I was the one that had done the earliest New Line show besides himself. Granted it has been 15 years since I did my last New Line show, but Attempting the Absurdwas I think the second season. It was that and a Sondheim Revue, and and auction fundraiser that wwe put together a cabaret type thing that was a blast.

I do have to say that I am struggling to stay awake at work today, but I think that I will have plenty of energy tonight. Two more hours and I will be done with work and then I'll go to Break Co. or something and just chill until I have to be at the theatre.

Well I hope to see some of you over the next four weeks of this show. And maybe you'll have to come again, because you liked it so much that you want to pick up on new things.

Klepto boy has left the buiding.

Joel (Klepto-Boy)

No comments: