Sunday, June 22, 2008

And so it goes!

Ok so we have finished our second weekend of performances for High Fidelity. I am sad to see that it is half way over. I may have been to myself during rehearsals, but now that the show has opened I have made a lot of friends that I will cherrish for a long time. I have really only been involved with two other productions that have made me feel this way. One was Big River with Spotlight Productions, and the other was Into the Woods with Kirkwood Theatre Guild. Both shows had casts that were amazing and gelled together. Well the productions may not have been the best, but there was energy, and feeling put into those performances, there was a "truth" to the acting, something that Scott tells us every night before High Fidelity, that stays with me through the entire performance. Keep the story truthful, and the caharacters will be believable.

I felt bad last night that I couldn't go out and bond with the cast after the show, but I had to travel home to Wentzville, and then this morning had to be at work at 8:00 (12 minutes ago). I am sure everyone had a blast. This cast just gets along so well, and has fun with each other. You can see that onstage and offstage. God how did I get so lucky. I hope everyone else in the cast is resting peacefully this morning while I get ready to do exercise with my residents at the nursing Home. Yes I work in a nursing home, and I love it. I can't see myself working anywhere right now.

This weekend gave us two more nights of pretty much sold out houses, and what a great feeling that is to perform for a crowd, how ever small your house is. We continue to get nothing but praise. One of our friends who does theatre around St. Louis, and loves to go see shows here and on Broadway, who always has something that bothers him about the show, he LOVED it, except for my hair. That was his one thing with this show. If you come to see it, you will see my beautiful hair. Well I better get to work. I hope this finds everyone well. Klepto boy will return shortly, until then he will be lowly Activity Coordinator by day, and rocking Klepto boy with the bad hairdo by night.

ROck on!

Klepto-boy, Joel

No comments: