Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's over

Yes, last Saturday we played our last performance of The Wild Party and wow how I have missed it already. Never to play Phil again. Taking down the set was sort of sad, and putting away the costumes, and then leaving the theatre for the last time for this show. I know every show must come to an end, but New Line and Scott gave me a wonderful gift, with all the memories associated with this show. The great performances by Jeff and Margeau, as well as the entire ensemble, the music, the characters, and just these wonderful people that I got to know.

I feel sort of left out because a lot of Wild Partiers are going on to be in Evita, and I am sort of jealous, but I had already committed to direct Seussical with maryland Heights Community Theatre, but that is OK. I will love to go watch this amazing show, and I am sure that it will be amazing. Like Wild Party it looks like they have an amazing cast. I am so happy for Taylor Pietz, who is playing Eva, and who was my voice student, or well at least I coached her a little. Wait til you all hear her sing, and act, and of course she can dance. She is the true triple threat. And John as Che, man what a voice. Yeah, I am jealous.

Well after you see the production of Evita and you are feeling a little down from the subject matter and need to be cheered up, come over to the Maryland Heights Community Center July 22-25 to Seussical the Musical, a total fluff musical, but one you can bring the whole family to.

Well thank you all for letting me tickle your tummies every night.

Joel

No comments: