Monday, February 22, 2010

OK so I need to remember to add to this blog.....

Ok so last Thursday was our first rehearsal for Wild Party. Let me just say.....LOVE IT! This music is challenging, and fun, the cast sounds great, and what a show. I have tried to skim through the script and, as any actors do, see how many lines I have. TO my suprise there aren't many spoken lines at all. So that means we have a BUNCH of music to learn. And half of the music isn't on the CD. I know we shouldn't lear our music that way, but I am in the car so much, that is the best time for me to review things. I do have a recorder, but of course for the first rehearsal I forgot it. Then I must be getting old, and getting early alzheimers, cause I cannot read to save my life. We sang through on section of the music many times, and I kept singing the wrong word each time, and each time I would look at the word, and tell myself that isn't what I sang, and then get frustrated, and about after the 5th or 6th time, and after Zak laughing at me repeatedly, I finally sang the right word.

I do have to mention after coming off of a sort of musical high from rehearsal it sort of all got dashed to pieces after rehearsal when I just wanted to get a soda to drink on the way home. So I stopped at McDonalds, and thought it would just be a quick drive through. WRONG. There were quite a few cars in line, and it was moving at a good pace, so right after I paid, and I am the next person in line to get my drink there was a car who had been waiting for their food by the door, and I see his reverse lights come on, and I was almozt to the window, just close enought but still couldn't reach the window. Well I couldn't go back because there was a line behind me, so I get to hear the whole dilemma that this jerk had, because he had been waiting for his food, and he really made an A$$ of himself. He kept telling the manager how he was going to get him fired, and how he has done it at other McDonalds.....well that argument lasted at least 10 minutes, and the driver pulls away and is still yelling at the manager from Hampton, and the Manager is still yelling back at them.

I just wanted to get home, and in bed, so I could get a good night sleep. Well that won't ruin anymore rehearsals, because it is in the past......I can't wait until the next rehearsal. Will write more after that one.

Phil out!

No comments: